Neil SolarzShareholder / Director
Neil Solarz counsels his clients on estate planning, wealth transfer and trust and probate administration. Applying over 30 years of experience and an empathetic, caring approach, Neil focuses on getting to know his clients, their families, business dealings and concerns. His clients appreciate this effort, as it helps Neil drive consensus among family members during the planning phases and reduces the emotional stress common to trust and probate administration.
In addition to being certified in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law by the California Board of Legal Specialization, Neil has significant experience in business transactions. As a result, business owners commonly seek Neil’s advice regarding business succession and wealth planning strategies. Neil finds that his knowledge of business transactions combined with his specialization in estate planning and trust administration generates creative and effective solutions for his clients.
For over 10 years, Neil has taught Estate and Gift Taxation and Estate Planning at UCLA Extension. He also is a frequent lecturer on a wide range of topics in Estate Planning and Trust Administration. He has been a speaker for the Continuing Education of the Bar, National Business Institute and the USC Probate/Trust Conference, among others. Not only does Neil enjoy sharing knowledge as an instructor, it keeps him at the forefront of recent developments and cutting edge planning options.
Neil has earned great respect from both clients and peers, as reflected by the highest rating, “AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 / 5.0,” by Martindale-Hubbell and having been named a "Southern California Super Lawyer" by Super Lawyers® each year since 2004. Additionally, Neil has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© each year since 2013. He has received the additional distinction of being included in the "Top 100 Southern California Super Lawyers" by Super Lawyers® from 2009-2011.
J.D., University of San Francisco School of Law, 1977
Honors: magna cum laude
B.A., Political Science, University of California, Los Angeles, 1974
Honors: magna cum laude
Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- State Bar of California, 1977
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1978
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1979
- Beverly Hills Bar Association: 1996 - present
- Los Angeles County Bar Association: 1997 – present
- Certified Specialist - Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law, The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
- Estate & Gift Tax, UCLA Extension, 1998 – Present
- Estate Planning, UCLA Extension, 2002 – Present
- Grantor Trusts, National Business Institute: Trusts: The Ultimate Guide, December 8-9, 2015
- Spouses' Elective Share vs. Second Probate and
Post-Mortem Planning, Trust Administration, and Tax Hurdles, National Business Institute: Probate Boot Camp, August 25, 2015
- Trusts 101: Grantor Trusts, National Business Institute, 2014
- Fees for Fiduciaries and their Attorneys, USC Probate/Trust Conference, 2010
- Planning with the Clock Running: 2010 is Just Around the Corner, USC Probate/Trust Conference, 2004
- Probate Procedures, National Business Institute, 2002
- Advanced Post Mortem Planning, National Business Institute, 2000
- Post Death Trust Funding, CEB, 1998
- "The Best Lawyers in America®," Best Lawyers, 2013-2017
- "AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 / 5.0” Peer Review Rated and Client Rating, Martindale-Hubbell®
- "Southern California Super Lawyers," Super Lawyers®, 2004 – 2015
- "Five Star Professional – Estate Planning Attorney," Los Angeles, 2014
- “Top 100 Southern California Super Lawyers,"Super Lawyers®, 2009 – 2011, 2015