To provide our clients with the highest level of service, focused on exceeding their individual needs.
To provide our employees with a supportive environment that facilitates personal and professional growth and success.
Our Core Values
- Excellence – We value the highest standards of performance with the goal of achieving the best possible results for each of our clients.
- Integrity – We value personal responsibility, ethical behavior, loyalty, respect, conscientiousness and professionalism.
- Innovation – We value and endeavor to provide creative and innovative solutions to resolve our clients’ problems. We promote innovation among all of our employees.
- Personal Attention – We value our clients and the benefits of providing each client with a highly personalized experience working with our firm. Our collaborative, compassionate and thoughtful approach to delivering comprehensive and strategic solutions is founded on our commitment to providing the highest level of attention to every client.
What Sets Us Apart
Our firm has been at the forefront of estate planning, estate and trust administration and estate and trust litigation for over 60 years. Over the decades, we consistently have provided outstanding, cost-efficient results for our clients by remaining steadfast in our focus on the following:
- Complementary Practice Areas – Together with our collaborative culture, the scope of our services enables us to provide the most comprehensive, effective solutions for a wide-spectrum of clients.
- Size – We are proud to be one of the largest and most respected teams in Southern California focused exclusively on estate planning, estate and trust administration and litigation. By remaining a boutique law firm, we invest 100% of our resources in our focused areas of practice.
- Compassionate Culture – We are honored that many families have remained clients for generations, a testament to the compassion that permeates our relationships, both inside and outside the firm. The long tenure of our employees is a direct result of our compassionate culture and positive work environment.
- Relationships – Throughout our history, we have embraced an open-door policy, facilitating open communication and strong relationships among our team. As a result, each client benefits from many highly-experienced professionals who are familiar with their matters and care about their well-being.
- Collaboration – The size and stability of our firm allows our attorneys to work closely together, providing clients with a coordinated, efficient approach that balances their business and financial interests with their personal and professional objectives. We also actively collaborate with our clients’ other trusted advisors, including accountants, financial planners, wealth advisors and insurance professionals.
- Education and Communication – A cornerstone of our firm’s philosophy is sharing our knowledge with others in the estate and wealth management fields. Throughout the firm’s history, our attorneys have committed tremendous resources to teaching estate planning and related courses at UCLA Extension and other venues. Our long-standing tradition of teaching also helps us to hone our communication skills, enabling us to explain complicated concepts in a coherent and concise way.
- Our Team – Our team includes many of the most respected attorneys in the areas of estate planning, estate and trust administration, and estate and trust litigation, including certified specialists in estate planning, trust and probate law and taxation law. As a tribute to the quality of our work, our peers have nominated all of our shareholders as “Southern California Super Lawyers” by Super Lawyers®.
In 1959, Harold Weinstock and Brian Manion established the focus of our firm as well as the standards to which we hold ourselves today.
Harold Weinstock was a pioneer in the estate planning field who helped transform estate planning from a subset of family law into its own specialized field of law. He passed away on December 1, 2014. His many milestones include:
- 1965: Commenced teaching at UCLA Extension in 1965, establishing the culture of teaching that the firm continues to promote.
- 1977: Wrote Planning an Estate: A Guidebook of Principles and Techniques, now in its 4th edition, which became one of the most widely-used textbooks in estate planning classes in California.
- 1996: Received the Arthur K. Marshall Award, which honors outstanding contributions to the Los Angeles community and the legal profession in probate and trust law.
- 2013: Received the Timothy Whitehouse Award, which honors an individual or organization who has promoted justice, increased judicial services to the public at large, and has furthered the goals of a fair and efficient administration of judicial services within the probate courts of Los Angeles County.
Brian Manion, a business attorney and litigator, was known for his integrity. His high standard of legal ethics continues to impact how members of the firm work with clients, case matters and employees. Brian was an active community and civic leader, particularly for civil rights and environmental issues. He was a national board member of the Urban League and former President of its Los Angeles chapter. In addition, he was a member of the Sierra Club, the National Resources Defense Council and the Nature Conservancy. He passed away in 1997.
Harold and Brian’s dedication to excellence and their commitment to their clients, families and employees form the core of our firm’s culture. It is with gratitude and pride that we have chosen to perpetuate their legacy by naming our firm Weinstock Manion.
We invite you to explore our website to learn more about us, and to contact us today so that we may begin working to preserve your legacy.