Gary M. BorofskyShareholder / Director
Gary Borofsky has been guiding business owners and other high net worth clients through the nuances of tax, business and estate planning strategies for over 40 years. With a certification in Taxation Law and degrees in Accounting and Business Administration, Gary is particularly adept at helping business owners navigate exit strategies and other major events. Gary has served continuously for several decades as general business or corporate counsel as well as estate planning counsel for many of his clients. He is astute and attentive to family dynamics, particularly as they relate to family owned or controlled business. As a consequence, he has represented multiple generations of his clients' families.
Applying his broad background spanning law, tax and business, Gary specializes in designing, implementing and coordinating estate planning and business strategies. He addresses his clients' estate planning and business planning objectives, including estate tax reduction, business succession planning, satisfying liquidity needs and charitable planning. Gary works closely with his clients’ other professional advisors to ensure every plan is comprehensive.
Gary is peer review and client rated “AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 / 5.0” on Martindale-Hubbell. He has been named a “Southern California Super Lawyer" by Super Lawyers® in 2004, 2005, 2006 and each year since 2008.
J.D., UCLA School of Law, 1970
M.S., Accounting, University of California, Los Angeles, 1967
B.S., Business Administration, University of California, Los Angeles, 1966
Honors: cum laude, beta gamma sigma
- U.S. Tax Court, 1971
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1971
- State Bar of California, 1971
- American Bar Association: 1971 - present
- Tax Section
- Beverly Hills Bar Association: 1988 – present
- Tax Section
- Law Practice Management Committee, former chairman
- Los Angeles County Bar Association: 1995 – present
- Certified Specialist - Taxation, The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization, 1979
- Prince Died a Year Ago - His Estate Still in Limbo, Forbes, April 14, 2017
- Why Uncle Sam is Prince's Biggest Fan, Forbes, January 18, 2017
- Prince Estate: The Importance of Having a Will, Forbes, July 18, 2016
- How to Handle the Deduction for Amortization of Customer Lists, Prentice Hall Tax Ideas Service, April 1979
- "AV® Preeminent™ 5.0 / 5.0” Peer Review Rated and Client Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- "Southern California Super Lawyers," Super Lawyers®, 2004 – 2006, 2008 – 2017