Jeffrey P. GeidaShareholder / Director
Jeffrey Geida advises high-net worth individuals on all facets of their estate, wealth transfer and business succession planning. He also manages estate and trust administration for beneficiaries and fiduciaries.
Clients appreciate Jeff’s interactive approach to understanding their wide-ranging concerns, including income, capital gains, gift and estate taxes, charitable giving and business succession matters. He then introduces creative solutions, which may include the use of family limited partnerships, limited liability companies, grantor retained annuity trusts, gifting plans, sales to intentionally defective irrevocable trusts, qualified personal residence trusts, charitable remainder trusts, charitable lead trusts and private foundations.
Jeff’s experience includes advising a variety of 501(c)(3) and other tax-exempt organizations on issues including entity formation, applications for tax-exemption, operations in foreign countries and international grant-making, federal tax law compliance and charitable solicitations.
To further his ability to provide the most comprehensive solutions for his clients, Jeff earned his certification in legal specialization in Estate Planning, Trust, and Probate Law from the State Bar of California. He enjoys sharing his knowledge with other professionals in the estate planning field by teaching at UCLA Extension. Previously, he served as an Adjunct Professor at Chapman University School of Law, teaching "Federal Estate and Gift Taxation."
LL.M., Taxation, New York University School of Law, New York, New York, 2000
J.D., Pepperdine University School of Law, Malibu, California, 1999
Honors: cum laude
B.S., Bryant University, 1996
Honors: cum laude
- Rhode Island
- State Bar of California
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Trusts and Estates Section
- Massachusetts State Bar
- Rhode Island State Bar
- Certified Specialist - Estate Planning, Trust, and Probate Law, The State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
- "2018 Charitable Planning Review," South Bay Estate Planning Council, November 8, 2018
- "Late Funding of Subtrusts," USC Gould School of Law 42nd Annual Trust and Estate Conference, November 18, 2016
- "Advisory Team for Family Offices & High Net Worth Families," Financial Planning Association of Los Angeles, October 15, 2015
- "Planning for the Family Residence" Tax Planning & Charitable Giving: 2014 Professional Advisor Speaker Series, Jewish Community Foundation, Los Angeles, October 1, 2014
- Estate Planning, UCLA Extension, 2011 - present
- "Estate and Gift Taxes: Impact of the New Legislation and the Future of Estate Planning," Tax Night, Los Angeles County Bar Association, June 15, 2011
- Federal Estate and Gift Taxation, Adjunct Professor, Chapman University School of Law, 2004
- Planning with Family Limited Partnerships in 2012, co-author, Credit Suisse, June 2012
- Seizing Wealth Transfer Opportunities in a Low Interest Rate Environment, June 23, 2008
- "Best Lawyers in America," BestLawyers, 2020
- "Southern California Super Lawyers," Super Lawyers, 2015-2018
- "Southern California Rising Stars," Super Lawyers, 2009 – 2014