Maggie Mouradian focuses on comprehensive estate and gift tax planning for high net worth individuals and families. Whether drafting basic estate planning documents, such as revocable trusts, wills, powers of attorney and advance health care directives, or resolving complex wealth transfer plans, Maggie pays careful attention to both the legal impact of estate planning documents as well as the practical family impact. As a result of her strong foundation of tax knowledge, Maggie skillfully advises clients with regard to their charitable objectives and has experience in creating and administering private foundations.
Before joining Weinstock Manion, Maggie was an associate in the Personal Planning Department at Proskauer Rose. Maggie began her legal career in the Tax Department at Paul Hastings LLP, where she advised corporations on the tax aspects of domestic and cross-border transactions, securities offerings and debt modifications.
Prior to attending law school, Maggie worked for three years as a senior associate in the Tax & Legal Services practice of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP in Los Angeles, where, as a California licensed CPA, she advised private and SEC reporting companies in tax compliance, reporting and controversy matters.
J.D., UCLA, 2009
Order of the Coif
M.S. - Master of Business Taxation, USC, 2003
B.S. - Business Administration, USC, 2002
summa cum laude
- State Bar of California, 2009
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Automatic Allocation of GST Exemption: Tax Traps for Trusts, Estate Planning Journal, (May 2014)
- Automatic Allocation of GST Exemption: Traps for the Unwary, 251, New York Law Journal, No. 13 (January 21, 2014)
- "California Property Tax Planning: Practical Problems and Potential Pitfalls," Jewish Community Foundation of Los Angeles' Professional Advisor Speaker Series (September 4 and September 11, 2019)
- Estate Planning, UCLA Extension, 2016-2019
- "Southern California Rising Stars," Super Lawyers®, 2017-2018